The Library has a wonderful collection of local history books and genealogies. Randolph’s weekly newspaper, The Herald, is available on microfilm starting October 1888.
The Library also has access to HeritageQuest Online.
HeritageQuest Online is a genealogy and local history resource. It offers:
- searchable U.S. census records from 1790 through 1940
- the searchable content of 28,000+ family and local history books
- PERSI – an index to 6,600+ genealogy and local history periodicals
- the searchable bank records of the Freedman’s Savings & Trust Company
- the Revolutionary War Pension and the Bounty Land Warrant Application files
- the Serial Set – searchable documents and reports prepared for Congress from 1789 through 1969, including Private Relief Actions, Memorials, and Petitions
Log in with your Kimball Library card number. Contact the Library if you don’t know your number.
This resource is paid for by the Vermont Department of Libraries, which administers federal Library Services & Technology Act funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Individuals can access the full resources of Ancestry.com for free by going to the Vermont Department of Libraries (109 State Street, Montpelier).
Vermont residents can remotely access the Vermont records only of Ancestry.com by creating a myvermont.gov account. More information is available here (PDF).